Tuesday 13 October 2015

Storm [31 Days...Day 12]

Fire before us
You're the brightest.
You will lead us through the storm

I'm sure I've used this song before but Rend Collective's My Lighthouse really speaks to me. I've always loved lighthouses. I have some of Jean Guichard's lighthouse photos on the walls on my landing and I really love the colours and beauty of them contrasting with the power of those waves.

There are waves in life that always threaten to overcome us. Waves that look so strong, that sound so fierce. They intimidate and scare us.

To travel through those waves would be very frightening, especially in a small boat, rowing against the current. For sailors, the lighthouse shines the way. Leads them away from the rocks, to safety.

For us, God is that lighthouse. I'd always thought of God as leading us to Himself, which I am sure He is still doing, but as the lighthouse, He lights the way through the perils, the dangers and the fear, and leads us safely through the troubled waters.

Sometimes those storms look so dark, so intimidating. But there is always a light. Shining constantly in the darkness. Helping us to travel through the storm. We have to look for it. To not be battered down by the wind, the rain and the fear. But if we look, we will see it. If we trust in God, we can weather any storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment