Friday 11 January 2019

Better

Better..... What could be better than that as a prompt? Well I'm writing this on my phone sat at the station as I'm off out for an evening of cocktails with some beautiful friends. I missed the last train so I have a wait for the next one. Hope my friends wait for me.

Anyway, there's a lot of talk of better at this time of year. Better resolutions. Better diets. Better exercise plans. Loads of betters. But you know what I think would be better? If we loved ourselves as we are. Now OK, obesity is dangerous to health etc but so many people get so hung up on how they look. This time of year and all the diet ads must be awful for those with eating disorders. For some of them, cutting down on food is far from better.

I think people often want to be better at something. I'm learning to crochet. I would like to be better at that but, having only crocheted one granny square, I think there's time to improve.

This year if you feel you need a resolution, why not try to be a better friend? Or be better for the environment? Or even do something that makes you feel better.

Your mental health is so important. Just putting yourself first occasionally is vital. So treat yourself better. You don't need to be any better than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment